I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for my project today!! Do you ever get an idea in your head that you just HAVE to make? Well, I had this huge urge when I saw the new downloads that SU came out with on Tuesday. The Halloween bundle just screamed fun to me!
I wanted to make a pillow....a pillow with a raven on it! Wouldn't that be spooktacular? I think so! Well, it didn't stop there...I thought it would be super fun to make a quilt! So that's what happened on Tuesday...into the very wee hours!
So, you may wonder how I created this quilt. I went into MDS, and selected an 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook page. I then used the Vintage Overlays, Spooky Stamps (included in the new download) and the new Halloween DSP (again, the new download) to create a variety of images. I then printed these images onto iron on transfers. After transferring them, I created different sized quilt blocks and made this little Halloween rag quilt. In making this quilt though...I learned a few things:
- Don't iron directly on top of an already transferred image
- Iron on a HARD surface like a granite counter top, not an ironing board
- Set your iron to the hottest setting
- Don't iron directly on top of an already transferred image (did I already mention this...cause it took me three times to remember this one:)
- Push HARD on the iron when ironing the images on your fabric
- Peel off the transfer paper before it cools completely, but let it cool a bit before you peel
Hope this helps! I hope you like today's creation! If you want to see more samples of MDS make sure you check out the Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio website! It's an amazing resource!
Have a great day!