Well, it's my favourite time of year! I LOVE LOVE LOVE our GI Cancer Fundraiser. For those of you that are "new" to my blog or a "new" customer let me fill you in a bit on my story behind this event. In January of 2004, my dad passed away from GI Cancer at the young age of 56. For the first few years after my dad passed away, Emma and I stamped cards and sold them donating all proceeds to Cancer Research. Then my Simply Stars team and I decided to host a full and fun day of stamping to our customers, friends and family. In the four big events we've hosted, we have raised over $15 000 in honour of my dad. This is really touching to me, so you can see why this event is so important to me! My goal this year is to pass the $20 000! That would be amazing!
Here's what we're making:
- 3 cards
- 3 gift card holders
- 6 tags
- these projects are made using three different colour combinations (that I LOVE!)
Here are the details:
- Saturday October 29
- 9:30 or 1 pm sitting
- event is at King's College
- $42 ($32 is the cost of the supplies, $10 is a donation for GI Cancer Research)
- you will receive the following items in your bag to help you make your creations (and you keep all the extras!) - 1/8 inch roll of Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon, Jingle Bells, Linen Thread and Dazzling Details (this is instead of a stamp set this year)
- all projects are made using the Stitched Stocking Stamp Set and matching punch so we are offering a bundle on these items! Save 20% and purchase this bundle for only $50 ... for fundraiser attendees only
- we will be hosting a raffle and a 50/50 draw on the day of the event
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to attend or would like to order a kit (Canadians only) Please indicate in the email which sitting you would prefer (if you know) and if you're interested in the product bundle! I am SO excited about this event and can't wait to share the day with you! HUGE HUGS!!!